Encompass verifies that the building envelope and the mechanical and plumbing systems are constructed in accordance with the building design and achieve the owner’s project requirements.
- Perform peer review of Architect’s and Engineer’s Design drawings and specifications
- Develop commissioning specification
- Perform site inspections during construction
Building Commissioning projects are the assessment, recording/documentation and testing of electrical and mechanical systems within a building to improve and fine tune performance as defined by the building’s owner.
Writing and following policy regarding Building Commissioning ensures that every building system is working properly, and work together as designed and intended. Commissioning is an indispensable tool for optimizing total building performance and is now required by code for new construction in many areas.
Benefits of Building Commissioning:
- Lower utility bills
- Improved equipment function
- Reduced building operation and maintenance
- Extended life of equipment
As there is more than one type of Building Commissioning, it is important to align your project goals and needs.
Commissioning types include:
- New Construction Building Commissioning
- Enhanced Building Commissioning
- Building Recommissioning
- Ongoing Commissioning
Building commissioning is of greatest value to the owner when it provides a means of continuously communicating their building systems criteria and rigorously verifying compliance with them, throughout the many phases of design and construction.
Please contact us for additional details, we are happy to answer any question you may have regarding our Building Commissioning Services. 952-854-4511